IRS online account makes it easy for taxpayers to view their tax info anytime
Taxpayers who want to check their account information including balance, payments, tax records and more, can log into their IRS online account. It’s a simple and secure way to get information fast.
Taxpayers can view:
• Their payoff amount, which is updated for the current day
• The balance for each tax year for which they owe taxes
• Their payment history
• Key information from their most current tax return as originally filed
• Payment plan details if they have one
• Digital copies of select IRS notices
• Economic Impact Payments if they received any
• Their address on file
Taxpayers can also use their online account to:
• Select an electronic payment option.
• Set up an online payment agreement.
• Access tax records and transcripts.
• Approve and electronically sign Power of Attorney and Tax Information Authorization requests from their tax professional.
Taxpayer’s balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight. Taxpayers should also allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to show up in the payment history.